Mist helps you manage infrastructure on any number of Vultr accounts alongside other supported clouds.
Specifically for Vultr, with Mist you can:
- Get a list of your Cloud Compute, High Frequency and Dedicated Cloud instances. Listings include all metadata information, e.g. cost, state etc.
- Start, stop, reboot and delete instances.
- Create new instances.
- List, create and delete DNS records.
You can also leverage features that are common to all our supported clouds, e.g. tags, ownership, expiration dates, cost quotas, RBAC, shell, scripts, orchestration, monitoring, rules, audit logs etc.
To get started with Vultr in Mist, you need to:
- Log in to Vultr and go to the API section of your account at https://my.vultr.com/settings/#settingsapi.
- Click on the "Enable API" button. This will generate an API key.
- Copy the API key and make sure "Access Control" is set to "any IPv4".
- Log in Mist.
- Go to Mist's add cloud form at https://mist.io/clouds/+add and click the Vultr logo.
- Type a name for your cloud and paste your Vultr API key in the fields that appear at the bottom.
- Choose to "Enable DNS support" if you would like to manage Vultr DNS with Mist. At this point the form will look like the image above.
- Click the "ADD CLOUD" button and you are ready to go.