Mist helps you manage your Google Cloud projects across any region and alongside other supported clouds.
- View a list of your VMs. Listings include all metadata information, e.g. IP, price, status etc.
- Start, stop, reboot and delete VMs.
- Create new VMs.
- View, create and destroy volumes.
- Attach volumes to VMs and detach them.
- View, create and destroy networks.
- View, create and delete Cloud DNS zones and records.
You can also leverage features that are common to all our supported clouds, e.g. tags, ownership metadata, expiration dates, cost quotas, role-based access controls, shell, scripts, orchestration, monitoring, rules, audit logs etc.
- In Google Cloud, create a new service account key as shown here https://cloud.google.com/iam/docs/creating-managing-service-account-keys. Note your project ID and download your private key file, which is in JSON format.
- Log in Mist, go to the add cloud form at https://mist.io/clouds/+add and click the Google Cloud logo.
- Fill in your project ID and the contents of the key file in the respective fields.
- If you wish to also manage your DNS records in Google Cloud DNS through Mist, toggle the "Enable DNS support" switch. By default this is set to off.
- Click the "ADD CLOUD" button.