Mist helps you manage KubeVirt VM-based workloads in your Kubernetes clusters alongside other supported clouds.
- View your VMs and their metadata, e.g. IP, status, pod etc.
- Start, stop, reboot and destroy instances.
- Create new VMs.
- View, create, attach, detach and delete persistent storage volumes. Supported modes include filesystem and block volumes.
To get started with KubeVirt in Mist, you first need to add a KubeVirt cloud. In more detail:
- Log in Mist.
- Go to Mist's add cloud form at https://mist.io/clouds/+add and click the KubeVirt logo.
- In the form that appears at the bottom, type a name for your cloud.
- Provide hostname or IP and port number which Mist can use to communicate with your Kubernetes API.
- If you are using a self-signed certificate, paste your CA Certificate in the respective field.
- Mist can authenticate with the Kubernetes API using Basic HTTP, TLS or a Bearer Token. Select the one that applies to your case and give the relevant information. For more information on Kubernetes authentication check out the official documentation here and a helpful blog post here
- Click the "ADD CLOUD" button and you are ready to go.