Rules on metrics
With rules on metrics you can trigger actions using thresholds on monitoring metrics.
Some interesting scenarios include:
- Notify me when a production machine is overloaded.
- Restart a service when it is not responding.
- Delete log files when the free disk space is below 10%.
Let's assume you would like to receive an email notification whenever your production machines are overloaded. Below is a quick overview.
Please keep in mind that:
- Rules can be set and edited only by members of the Owners team. Check if your email is included there from the Teams section.
- To set rules on metrics you must first enable monitoring of the relevant machines.
- For the above example to work you must first tag the relevant machines as "production" from the Machines section.