Rules on logs
With rules on logs you can trigger actions based on how frequently a log entry appears. Please keep in mind that Mist emits logs for every action that happens over its API and whenever it detects changes in your infrastructure, a.k.a. observation logs.
Some interesting scenarios include:
- Notify the security team when machines are created or destroyed in production clouds.
- Destroy a machine when post-deployment steps fail.
- Open a ticket in my issue tracker when provisioning fails.
Let’s assume you would like to receive an email notification whenever a new machine is provisioned in your production cloud. Below is a quick overview.
Please keep in mind that:
- Rules can be set and edited only by members of the Owners team. Check if your email is included there from the Teams section.
- For the above example to work you must first tag the relevant clouds as "production" from the Clouds section.
- Log queries follow Elastic's query string syntax. You can test your queries from the logs widget in Mist's dashboard.