Rules on logs
- Notify the security team when machines are created or destroyed in production clouds.
- Destroy a machine when post-deployment steps fail.
- Open a ticket in my issue tracker when provisioning fails.
Let’s assume you would like to receive an email notification whenever a new machine is provisioned in your production cloud. Below is a quick overview.
Please keep in mind that:
- Rules can be set and edited only by members of the Owners team. Check if your email is included there from the Teams section.
- For the above example to work you must first tag the relevant clouds as "production" from the Clouds section.
- Log queries follow Elastic's query string syntax. You can test your queries from the logs widget in Mist's dashboard.