Mist.io is not only offered as SaaS but also as an open source software component for standalone installations, so that organizations and engineers can manage their infrastructure internally.
The open source version contains most of the cloud related functionality offered on the Saas version. This is
- VM listing, with status, ips, metadata
- VM actions and new VM deployment
- Scripts, Keys, Networks, DNS
- Cost analysis
- Web shell
- User support, team support
Features that are provided on the Saas version only are
- VM monitoring and alerting
- RBAC - Role Based Access Control.
- mist.io VPN
- Cloud insights
To install please check hardware specs, system dependencies and details on https://github.com/mistio/mist.io . The installation is based on docker and docker-compose and provided that your server meets hardware specs, open source mist.io will be installed in a few minutes using 3-4 commands.